I can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking forward to the month of March. One, because I’ll be swimming in the caribbean waters very shortly (I’m going to Miami next Friday for a few days then off on a cruise to the Bahamas). Two, because it means Spring is upon us and all of the fashion magazines are about twice as thick. Three, because it’s my birthday month!! So many exciting things in store. Oh, and that’s including YOU too! I’m hosting my first giveaway… stay tuned. You won’t want to miss it. Trust me. So in order to pay tribute to the lovely month of March, I put together some of my favorite green things, and well, because St. Patrick’s day will be here before we know it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
1. Proenza Schouler PS1 Mini Crossbody Pouch $1,225
2. Oscar de la Renta Cabochon Ring $180
3. Ralph Lauren Round Sunglasses $375
4. Nixon The Time Teller Green Watch $59.95
5. ModCloth You’re So Clover Dress $184.99
6. Miu Miu Polk-dot silk crepe de Chine scarf $245
7. Diana Warner Drop Earrings
8. Tory Burch Classic Reva Ballet Flat $195
Another reason I’m looking forward to summer (apart from the warm weather) is that I’ll be within walking distance of multiple Zara’s.
photo credit: Zara Spring lookbook 2011 via Honestly… WTF?
I don’t know about you, but I had an absolutely delightful time watching the Oscar’s last night. The hosts may not have been on their “A” game, and the Social Network didn’t win Best Picture, but I enjoyed my time with friends discussing everything from red carpet dresses to my love for Jesse Eisenberg (a little weird, I know) to “What the heck is 127 Hours?” Handfuls of M&M’s, homemade popcorn, and a personal favorite, chips and salsa, were all involved. I also still need to see Black Swan… But anyway, here are my picks for best dressed of the night.
I was all for sweet little Hailee Steinfeld winning Best Supporting Actress, and while she unfortunately didn’t get it, she sure did wow us in this darling blush Marchesa dress. I’m expecting big things from this doll in the future! Definitely not her last Oscar appearance.
The combination and transition of textures and colors in this Gucci piece is really something worth noting. Loved seeing a Spring trend (feathers!) on the red carpet. You rocked it beautifully Hilary.
I just love Gwyneth Paltrow. Loved her on Glee. Country Strong. At the Grammy’s with Cee-Lo. So of course I picked her song winning (didn’t happen). Not many women could pull off this cascading Calvin Klein Collection metallic gown, but it seemed to be made for her.
And finally we have Cate Blanchett. I have to admit, my first impression of this dress was not a good one. It was just weird. But as I looked closer, it began to grow on me. It’s more of a piece of art work than a red carpet gown, and for that reason I’ve grown to love it. The complex detailing of crystals and pearls on this Givenchy Haute Couture dress absolutely won me over.
What do you think? I’d love to know your favorites! Oh, and if you haven’t seen The Social Network- Rent it. Buy it. Borrow it – today. Just do what you have to do.
photo credit: elle.com
These lightweight trenches are sure to make the transition from Winter to Spring a smooth one. We’ve got those “awkward” Spring months ahead of us, when it’s too chilly to leave the house without a coat, but too warm to bare it all. This is where the Spring trench comes in! And available in every color of the rainbow at that. Throw it on over practically anything and you’ve transformed your look from drab to fab in a split second. Remember that scene in 13 Going on 30 when she dashes out of her apartment in nothing more than a lingerie slip -BUT- grabs her coat at the last second, making you question if she had just planned that all along? No? Just me? Well check it out here to jog your memory. Anyway, my point is that the coat changed her entire outfit. Wouldn’t you want one to do the same? Have a lovely weekend!
1. Rebecca Short Trench Coat $35
2. Moschino Cheap and Chic Double-breasted Cotton Trench
$895 $268.50 (sale)
3. Modcloth Tell the Charteuse Coat $57.99
4. Modcloth In Perfect Accordian Coat $119.99
5. Topshop Navy Smudged Spot Printed Trench Coat $180
6. Topshop Stone Double Storm Flap Trench $180
7. Boden Green Trench Coat
8. Modcloth Find the Gold Lining Coat
$69.99 $20.99 (sale)
9. Burberry Cotton Blend Trench Coat $1,095
P.S. Sweet Tea and Champagne is officially on Facebook! If you like what you see here, be sure to become a fan! I’ll be updating it with extra photos, must-have finds that may have slipped my mind before (or after posts), and anything else really. It’s also a great way to stay in touch with YOU! Comments, suggestions, FAQ- anything is more than welcome. Just click here!
There’s just something effortlessly chic about a maxi dress. Not only that, but I also love the ultra feminine feel. So you can guess how much I love that hemlines are dropping this season, with maxi skirts being a top trend for Spring. While I’ve yet to find my perfect skirt, I did find my new go-to dress, and at a fraction of the price! Knoxville had it’s annual boutique blowout sale this past weekend where all of the local boutiques gather in one place and offer huge discounts. This piece (among others) was one that I managed to snatch up! Not too shabby, if I don’t say so myself!
This past weekend I had an intense craving for one of my favorite hors d’oeuvres from this past summer- Almond Stuffed Dates. I was first introduced to them at Cafeteria in NYC, and if you’re ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping their for lunch or dinner- heck, even breakfast! But because of my current location, I decided to give them a whirl myself and found this recipe to be quite similar. They were just the right combination of sweet and salty, with a dab of cream cheese in the middle, making for a great afternoon snack.
The lovely Alex of Stylista Confessions sent me the “Stylish Blogger Award,” and I couldn’t have been more thrilled. Her darling blog is a mixture of stylish finds, her latest muses, and everything that sparkles. Be sure to hop on over!
In order to receive this award, I must share seven things about myself and contact another up and coming fashion blogger telling them about the award! Sounds simple enough, so here it goes…
1. Fresh flowers are my weakness. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with buying a bouquet just for yourself to brighten up your day -or someone else’s!
2. I own
way too much just the right amount of orange. Surely you know of my love for the University of Tennessee Volunteers, and with that comes a love for orange. You almost can’t have one without the other.
3. I’ve seen Miley Cyrus (or Hannah Montana depending on when you see her) three times in concert. Does that make me lame? Nahhh. Claire and I caught her on Good Morning America this past summer in Central Park. We made posters like “Tennessee Can’t Be Tamed” and woke up at 4:30am. Yes, we’re 12.
4. I have a serious addiction to fashion magazines. I just can’t seem to pass them up once they hit the stands. I could get lost for hours in the pages of Elle, Lucky, Vogue, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire-all of them. I should really invest in some subscriptions.
5. I own all ten seasons of Friends. What can I say, it’s my all time favorite TV show!
6. My boots have been with me through the thick and thin. They may not be the prettiest thing I own, but I absolutely adore them. They’re getting a bit old, but I just don’t think I’ll ever be able to part with them!
7. I’m a certified Wilton Cake Decorator. In high school I took (and mastered-might I add) all four Wilton cake decorating courses. It combined two of my very favorite things- sweets and art! Now I didn’t decorate these particular cakes (from Carlo’s Bakery), but I’d say I’m qualified!